Our church leadership continues to monitor the Coronavirus situation very closely. We have and will continue to pray, consult various resources and organizations, and full discuss what the church can and needs to do during this challenging time in our world. Once any decisions are reached we will update this page with all the necessary information as well as share that information on our church Facebook page. This page will also be the place where we post various resources and activities that can be used by your family during this time.
Here is what you need to know right now (UPDATED April 4/Resources below are updated as available):
- We WILL NOT hold in person worship services through at least April 26th. That means NO in person services on April 5th, April 12th, April 19th, or April 26th at 10am. We do, however, plan to offer a full service through live stream on our church Facebook page, just like we have been doing. Please worship with us online, like our Facebook page, share our Facebook page, and like and share any specific posts or live streams. This will help us to reach more and more people.
- We will now only have ONE service Easter Sunday, April 12th, at 10am. This service will be live streamed through Facebook live on our church Facebook page.
- We are CLOSING the church building to all visitors and non-essential volunteers until May 1st. This means that any groups or activities that meet at the church until that time are canceled. This includes ABF's, Sunday School Classes, the Ladies Friday Group, Men's Breakfast, etc.
- Glenview Students Wednesday Night Series have been moved online to our Glenview Students Facebook Page. Join us Wednesdays at 6pm with a Zoom small group time to follow the teaching.
- We have had to cancel our planned Road to the Resurrection FX scheduled for March 29th.
- We have had to cancel our planned Spring Fest for April 18th.
- We have had to cancel our planned in person FOCUS VBS, June 8th-12th. We are currently working on virtual options for this event.
- At this point we hope to resume regular church services and activities by May 3rd, but that remains subject to change. Check back here for the latest information as we will update this page whenever decisions are reached.
During this time we want to encourage everyone to choose faith over fear. We know things are scary right now and none of us know exactly where things are going. Thankfully, God is always in control. Lean into Him during this time and He will see you through. We also want you to remember that prayer is powerful. Pray for our community, our nation, and our world. Pray for those that are sick. Pray for protection for those who are well. Pray for all our healthcare workers and those working at whatever businesses are open during this time. We also hope you will choose peace over panic. When we are worried and scared, panic is a natural response. Take appropriate measures to protect yourself, your family, and our community. However, remember others during this time and look out for their interests as well. We do not know what the coming weeks will hold, but we trust that God will see us through.